It has been a month since we returned to school. It also means that it has also been a month since many of us started teaching in classrooms instead of Drama Studios. It hasn’t always been an easy transition and it has left some confused and uncertain about how to approach teaching Drama and practical work. I wanted to share with you in this video what I’ve been doing in the classroom and how I’ve adapted to our new environments.
The details of the lesson I refer to are here:
- Retrieval exercise (5 minutes)
- Lesson Objectives and Recap (5 minutes)
- New knowledge (10 minutes)
- Practical Prep Time (10 minutes)
- Practical Part 1 (10 minutes)
- Whole class feedback (3 – 5 minutes)
- Practical Part 2 (5 minutes)
- Performance (5 minutes)
Timings are based on a 55 minute lesson to allow for change over of teachers / students.