Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
Masterclass in using Retrieval Practice in Drama
This is a short course with about 5 hours of CPD videos, tasks and resources to help you develop a rigorous and robust strategy for using Retrieval Practice in your Drama practice.
Masterclass in Drama Curriculum Design
This is a long course with over 10 hours of CPD videos, tasks and resources to help you review your current Drama curriculum and build on it to curate and create your ideal Drama curriculum.
Masterclass in Assessment in Drama
This is a short course with about 5 hours of CPD videos, tasks and resources to help you develop a strong, robust and sustainable assessment practice for Drama across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
- Part 3: Don’t sell Drama on Soft SkillsI think we do our subject a massive disservice by defending it all the time by referring to these skills as a purpose of studying Drama. It builds a false understanding of the subject in the students minds and creates a divide between the students expectations of the subject and the realities of how it is taught and, more importantly, assessed.
- Drama Subject Specific SkillsWelcome back to the second part of this series on skills in Drama. In part one we began by looking at the definitions of knowledge and skills and exploring the differences between them. In this article we are going to look at the skills that are important in the study of Drama. The key to learning Drama and to make the process of learning work …
- Knowledge and skills in DramaWelcome to the first part of a series of articles on skills in Drama. In this first article we are going to look what we mean by the words knowledge and skills.
Most Popular Article
Mastery in Drama
Assessment has a dual purpose in education. On the one hand it is there to help teachers understand what learning has occurred and what interventions need to take place to ensure that any gaps in knowledge are addressed. On the other hand, it is to measure how much a learner has understood of the topic that they are learning.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
- Why should you use Booklets in your lesson?
- Five must haves in every Drama lesson
- Encouraging self monitored learning in Drama
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.