Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
- Working with Propeller Theatre90’s, Edward Hall’s Propeller Theatre has been taking their physical, radical and often outrageous approach to performing Shakespeare. Having won a vast array of awards over the last 30 thirty years, their productions are powerful, visceral and hard-hitting. Their work is a mix of rigorous text work and modern physical theatre. They have been influenced by mask work, animation, film and music from all ages.
- Is a knowledge rich curriculum detracting from what we can achieve in Drama?Drama as a subject in Secondary School is not a pedagogy. It is not there to develop confidence, group work or communication skills. We teach Drama so that students can have a lifelong love of theatre, film and television.
- Shining a light onto Lighting DesignGetting students to work with lighting can sometimes be very daunting and difficult. There is a big jump between simply designing what you want from a lighting design on a piece of paper, to actually using the lanterns and creating lighting states. Here are five activities that will help you make the jump into getting students to work realistically and productively with lanterns and lighting states.
Up and coming courses
5 Day Masterclass in Assessment in Drama
Live every day between Monday 11th October to Friday 15th October.
Most Popular Article
Mastery in Drama
Assessment has a dual purpose in education. On the one hand it is there to help teachers understand what learning has occurred and what interventions need to take place to ensure that any gaps in knowledge are addressed. On the other hand, it is to measure how much a learner has understood of the topic that they are learning.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
- Is a knowledge rich curriculum detracting from what we can achieve in Drama?
- What does it mean to teach Drama in Secondary School?
- 6 Things to consider when planning for next year
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
- Shining a light onto Lighting Design
- Technology in Drama: Review of Scene Saver
- 15 Minute Drama CPD: Flipped Learning
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.