Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
- Mastery in DramaAssessment has a dual purpose in education. On the one hand it is there to help teachers understand what learning has occurred and what interventions need to take place to ensure that any gaps in knowledge are addressed. On the other hand, it is to measure how much a learner has understood of the topic that they are learning.
- Rehearsing with a script – establishing a routine for analysing text.Find success in working with scripts by establishing and embedding routines into your Drama lessons and your students working Drama vocabulary. This routine will help your students make stronger connections between the text they are reading and performance of it. It will help them develop a deeper and fuller understanding of the importance of text work to help them know the importance of structure, character and dialogue.
- Spring Term RoundupBetween the months of January 2021 and March 2021 Burt’s Drama received 73,148 views from an average of 12,078 unique visits per month. Read the Spring Term Roundup to find out what happened.
Most Popular Article
Five activities that encourage an ensemble and group mindset
Getting students to work as an ensemble can be tough. Some students find it hard to stay focused and work within a group and others find it hard not to stand out and be the star. When creating performance work, creating drama or working for a team it is important for students to know that their role, no matter how large or small, is as important as everyone else in the group.
These five games all focus on getting students warmed up whilst working on performance focus and the concept of the ensemble.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
- Rehearsing with a script – establishing a routine for analysing text.
- Rehearsing Pace of Voice
- Drama Games and Metacognition
Posts from the Archives…
History of Drama in Education Part 1: Splitting definitions of Drama.
Part 1 of a 6 part series about the history of Drama in Education.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.