Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
- Spring Term RoundupBetween the months of January 2021 and March 2021 Burt’s Drama received 73,148 views from an average of 12,078 unique visits per month. Read the Spring Term Roundup to find out what happened.
- Making the Drama Studio an emotionally safe spaceDespite all our best intentions, the Drama Studio can be a terrifying place. Our job has to be about making the Drama Studio an emotionally and physically safe space for everyone. Here is just a start, five that I think we could all do to help the Drama Studio become a safer environment.
- Practitioner Guide: Emma RiceExplore the innovative, creative and engaging work of Emma Rice. Her ensemble approach to retelling folk tales and stories fuses music, comedy, storytelling and much more to create moving and challenging performances.
Most Popular Article
Practitioner Guide: Katie Mitchell
Explore the highly charged, emotional and hard hitting work of Katie Mitchell. Her approach, which has been referred to as extreme Naturalism, pushes boundaries of theatrical techniques and audience perceptions.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
- Making the Drama Studio an emotionally safe space
- Cover Work
- Growth Mindset and Mindfullness in the Arts.
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
Posts from the Archives…
Theatre In Education
A fantastic place to start researching and finding out about Theatre In Education. Full of interesting and engaging links that will take you help you find out about this exciting genre of theatre.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.