Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
- My five curriculum books to readThere are a multitude of books to read about our subject of Drama but there are also excellent curriculum books out there that have really helped shape my view of what I teach and the way I teach it. Here are my top five recommendations for curriculum books to read.
- The Crucible: Exploring the plotThe Crucible. Liberty in the face of mass hysteria. As important a message today as it was when in the written. Explore the plot with these engaging and challenging tasks. A plot that sets out to deal with accusation and persecution with scant regard to either evidence or due process.
- Welcome to the Drama Teacher’s ToolkitWelcome to the Drama Teacher’s Toolkit on Burt’s Drama! Here you will find a toolkit for everything you need to teach the subject of Drama. Each section is packed with knowledge, advice and handy tips on what to teach in a Drama lesson.
Most Popular Article
Five must haves in every Drama lesson
I love how the outcome of every Drama lesson is different. But after teaching for so long, there are things that I have found to be the most important in teaching and planning a Drama lesson. Here are my five must haves in every Drama lesson.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
- The Crucible: Exploring the plot
- Welcome to the Drama Teacher’s Toolkit
- Four Devising Games that are guaranteed to create dialogue
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
- My five curriculum books to read
- A guide to Teaching and Learning on Burt’s Drama
- Five must haves in every Drama lesson
Posts from the Archives…
Theatre In Education
A fantastic place to start researching and finding out about Theatre In Education. Full of interesting and engaging links that will take you help you find out about this exciting genre of theatre.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.