Welcome to Burt’s Drama
A website for all Drama teachers. It is a place for inspiration, insight and information on everything to do with Drama. Every week there is a new CPD article posted on the website. New articles will focus on either Teaching and Learning in Drama or on subject content in the Drama Teacher’s toolkit. Make sure you come back every week, or, even better, sign up to receive new posts direct to your email.
- What does it mean to teach Drama in Secondary School?What should we be teaching when we teach Drama as a subject at Secondary School? What is Drama? What is Theatre? Are the two related? Should we limit the scope of our subject to Theatre? Why should be teach Drama?
- Back to school means back to our Drama StudiosAs we start the new term Burt’s Drama will continue to be here for you, providing free weekly articles with practical, helpful and useful advice on all things teaching Drama. Having published the book The Drama Teacher’s Handbook in June last year, I’m also offering online CPD alongside the usual free articles.
- Summer Term Round UpTime for some stats. Between April and July 2021 Burt’s Drama received 42,582 views from an average of 7559 unique visits per month. Visits come from across the world, the five biggest being UK, USA, Australia, Canada and India.
Up and coming courses
10 Day Masterclass in Drama Curriculum Design
Live every day between Monday 20th September to Friday 1st October.
5 Day Masterclass in Assessment in Drama
Live every day between Monday 11th October to Friday 15th October.
Most Popular Article
Mastery in Drama
Assessment has a dual purpose in education. On the one hand it is there to help teachers understand what learning has occurred and what interventions need to take place to ensure that any gaps in knowledge are addressed. On the other hand, it is to measure how much a learner has understood of the topic that they are learning.
Each week Burt’s Drama publishes free weekly CPD articles. Ever since Burt’s Drama started in 2008, it has been a pleasure and desire to share knowledge, understanding and expertise in Drama in Education for free. To help maintain that free at point access for all and help keep Burt’s Drama delivering high quality Drama resources to you weekly, please consider donating a cup of coffee to Burt’s Drama.
- What does it mean to teach Drama in Secondary School?
- 6 Things to consider when planning for next year
- My five curriculum books to read
Remote Teaching Resources
PDF Drama Teaching Guides
- Sidecoaching with The Tempest
- Bringing a Shakespeare Soliloquy to life
- Shakespeare’s rural background
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
You can also follow updates from Burt’s Drama on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and you can contact me directly here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.