I’m really excited to announce that I’m going to be delivering at this years Musical Theatre and Drama Education Show on the 25th and 26th February 2016.
I’m going to be presenting a 45 minute seminar on Flipped Learning on Friday 26th February at 10am in the Seminar Room.
The session looks at a transformative new approach which promises to maximise teachers’ contact time with students and successfully utilises the internet as a tool for teaching. Flipped learning is about reversing the traditional lesson by taking the instructional element out and presenting it in an online video for students to watch beforehand. The subsequent ‘new’ lesson becomes about spending time ensuring the student is prepared for the assessment of that learning.
In this session you will:
- Learn how to make connections with your current curriculum and ways of delivering some of it through flipped learning to maximise efficiency and time
- Learn how to make flipped learning videos which maximise the time available and the content
- Gain an understanding of how you can model your curriculum around flipped learning so that you can cover more of it
- Learn how to maximise your contact time with students and move from being the traditional ‘sage on the stage’ to being the ‘guide from the side’
- Learn how to use your time with students to better prepare them for assessment tasks as well as to teach content
The show is in London at the Olympia in Kensington, tickets are free but you have to register for them first.
To find out more and register for tickets, take a look at the website.
Hope to see you there.